Sunday, January 31, 2010

Red Lentil Soup

I am always trying to find easy healthy lunch options to take to work.  One of my newest favorite things to do is make a big pot of soup, freeze flat in individual portion sizes in ziploc baggies, and take them to work for lunch.  I just pull the bag out of the freezer and by the time it is ready to heat it up for lunch, it is fully defrosted! PERFECT!

This weekend I made soup based on this recipe to take to lunch a couple times this week. 

Red lentil soup:

  • 1 c red lentils
  • 3 c chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • pepper (1/4 tsp maybe?)
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1/2 chopped onion (i probably should have chopped it finer, but we’ll see how it tastes!)
  • the recipe calls for salt, but I left it out since my chicken broth has a high sodium content. 

SONY DSCSONY DSC

SONY DSCSONY DSC

It smells delicious – I hope it tastes just as good tomorrow!

No comments: