Sunday, February 15, 2009

Flickr…

Flickr is one of my favorite websites.  I have been addicted since I found it over 2 years ago.  Not only do I love just browsing through all the amazing pictures on the site or being able to share my own pictures, but I also think it is an amazing research tool. 

Researching with Flickr 

When Joel and I start planning a trip, he does a lot of research around trying to find us the best deals on lodging and activities and of course we both use trip advisor to find feedback on the places we plan to go….but my little secret research tool is flickr.  He’ll mention a place he found a good deal for and I can do a quick flickr search, find a lot of images from the place, as well as a number of people that have stayed there.  I’ll send them a quick flickr-mail asking whether they liked the place and more often than not, they respond back with comments on the place as well as other information to consider when planning our trip.  The great thing about flickr is that people post their pictures for public viewing, and therefore are usually very willing to respond to questions. 

In order to reciprocate all the help in planning trips I’ve received from flickr, I make sure to post our travel pictures and tag them with the resort name/country/date/etc, so if someone else were to research a place I stayed, they would easily be able to find my pictures.  I also try to provide as much helpful information as possible if contacted with questions about the various locations. 

Right now we are planning a trip to Mexico (Cancun, Cozumel, and Playa del Carmen) for the end of June/early July.  If you have any recommendations on things to do or places to see – I’d love to hear them!

Here are a few pictures from our last trip to Mexico – our honeymoon in August 2006 (Puerto Vallerta, Bucerias).

mexico1

mexico2

Okay – time to do real work for the rest of the afternoon!  Expect a post with pictures from my newborn session in the next few days. 

No comments: