Saturday, April 23, 2011

2009 Papio Cabernet Sauvignon (by Joel)

If you haven’t read any of my previous wine reviews, all you need to know beforehand is that I focus on the value of the wine based on what I paid.  I am not only looking for a good tasting wine, but I’m looking for a great wine at a great price.  If you want more detail on how I define a good value, see my first wine review.  So now to the review…
Papio is a California wine that I picked up for $3.99 at Grocery Outlet. GO claims that regular retail price for a bottle is $12.99 but I couldn’t verify that anywhere.  For $4, it is a good California wine.  It is a deep red with a smooth taste. I usually like wine more a day or two after I’ve opened it but this wine was consistent from the first sip to the last drop.  There is nothing that stood out but nothing really negative that I noticed.  Overall, it was simply a good dinner wine.
 P1p2
Wine rating: 6 out of 10
Value Rating: Medium

No comments: