Saturday, July 11, 2009

Spicy Vegan Potato Curry

I made another delicious meal tonight.  I think I’m on a roll this week!

This is the Spicy Vegan Potato Curry from Allrecipes.com, with some modifications, of course.  The recipe calls for garam masala and cayenne pepper.  I had neither, so I left the garam masala out completely, and substituted a sprinkle of chili powder for the cayenne pepper.  I added half each of a chopped zucchini, chopped summer squash, and chopped red pepper and I completely left out the can of peas the recipes calls for.  I served mine over wilted spinach and served Joel’s over brown rice. 

 curry1

I thought it was delicious, but could use a little spice (maybe the garam masala would do the trick – if I knew what that was :-) ).  Joel thought it was good, but need an animal added….so maybe next time I’ll add chicken. 

curry

No comments: