Sunday, November 7, 2010

stuffed mushrooms

My camera lives in my kitchen and documents most of my culinary creations, with the intention that I’ll immediately sit down and blog about them.  Well, in case you haven’t noticed, I’m not a very good blogger and most of those creations never make it to the blog.  I’m bound to make that change :-).

Here is my most recent creation – stuffed mushrooms.  And before we get any further – here is Joel’s reaction “it’s a lot of stuff on a very good mushroom.” (I do think he liked it though…)

mushroom-1

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms:

  • 4 portabella mushrooms (with the hope that these will be good for a reheated lunch)
  • 1 sweet onion
  • 1 can diced tomatoes – drained and rinsed
  • 1 can artichoke hearts – drained and rinsed
  • 1/4 c quinoa
  • ~1/4 tsp ground pepper
  • ~ 1/4 tsp ground sage
  • sprinkle of cheese to melt on top

mushroom-2

Dice the onion and mushroom stems and sauté in EVOO until cooked through. Mix in sage and pepper while cooking. In a separate pan, cook quinoa until tender. When onion/mushroom mix is completely cooked, add tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts, and cooked quinoa.  Cook until heated through.  Spoon mixture over portabella caps.  Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Sprinkle cheese over the mushrooms after 20 minutes, and cook for another 5-10 minutes, until mushrooms are tender. 

ENJOY!

 mushroom-3

 

And because it’s never too late to showcase our Halloween pumpkins: (right? right.)

pumpkin

No comments: