Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fun Registry Items

 

My sister is getting married this summer and when I asked her if she and her fiance had registered yet, she said they hadn’t because essentially they already have 2 full working households.  Since she is having a hard time deciding what they’d want to register for, and because she reads the blog, I figured I’d take a few minutes to highlight some fun things I think they should ask for…whether she listens to me or not is a whole different story.

 

1.  KitchenAid Mixer.  I LOVE my KitchenAid.  Cookies, breads, mashed potatoes (I’m sitting here wracking my brain trying to think of healthy things I make with my KitchenAid since they are both really healthy eaters….some of the breads and muffins and oatmeal bars are healthy….)

KitchenAid® 5-Quart Artisan™ Stand Mixer

 

2.  Vita-Mix.  We have a KitchenAid blender and really like it, but everything I’ve heard about the VitaMix blenders are amazing. 

Vita-Mix® TurboBlend 4500 Blender

3. Zorijrushi Rice Cooker.  Christy – I know you guys probably already have a rice cooker, and I haven’t tried this one out, but I think it’d be perfect for you.  It cooks rice, oatmeal, bulgar, quinoa, steal cut oats…has a timer you can program…MAGIC!!!

Zojirushi Micom 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer

4.  A good set of knives.  We love our Henckels, but there are a lot of good ones out there (Shun and Wusthof both come to mind)

Henckels Four Star II 7-Piece Cutlery Set

5.  A good BBQ.  We probably grill at least 3 nights a week, even in the winter.  My Grandpa gave us a Weber for Christmas the first year we were married and we love it – one of the best (and most used!) gifts we’ve ever received.

Weber Grills and Accessories

 

6.  Joel’s mom gave us a Vidalia Chop Wizard a few years ago, and while I was skeptical about how much I’d use it, we actually use it all the time.  Carrots, onions, potatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, celery – we just put them all through this. (Joel and I each separately tried to put chicken through it – I definitely wouldn’t recommend that :-))

No comments: