Monday, June 13, 2011

Dreaming of the Beach

I’m not going to lie, tonight’s episode of the Bachelorette inspired this post.  Ashley and the remaining bachelors are on the island of Phuket, Thailand and the scenery is absolutely gorgeous.  Southeast Asia, specifically Thailand are very high on my must-see list, so consider this a little pre-trip (very pre-trip since it will probably be a few years before we make it there!) planning.  Do you think I can convince Joel that trip planning is the reason I seem to be addicted to watching the Bachelorette?

There are so many places to see in Thailand, I don’t even know where to start. Of course we’ll probably hit up Bangkok and Phuket, and we’ll spend some time in Pattaya to help out 3L Foundation to finally see the hard work my cousin has poured her heard into….but besides that, I don’t know how to pick where to go (in my mind, there is no time limitation on this trip)!  Since some of the favorite places we’ve travelled to are smaller, low-key, less touristy places it seems like Ko Maak, a small island south of Ko Chang might be the place for us.

Who can pass up crystal clear water like this?

And these views?

So beautiful!

image

The first settler on the island established a coconut plantation.  Most of the island is still owned by the original family that settled there.

Totally a side note – I stumbled across this picture while looking for pictures of Koh Chang. What in the world??  The website didn’t say anything more than that you too can have a close encounter with a whale shark….ummm – I love snorkeling and really all things water sports but I DON’T really want to get this close to a whale shark!

No comments: