Thursday, June 9, 2011

good reads. the NOOK

Growing up I was quite the book worm. Ask anyone in my family - my nose was always in a book.  I remember one summer of lifeguarding in highschool I was reading 2 or 3 books a week; it was a really slow pool and I had A LOT of downtime…it was AWESOME (almost as awesome as my tan was that summer Smile )  Over the past several years my reading material shifted to CPA study guides, financial statements, and accounting guidance…not exactly my definition good reading.  I was excited when I left public accounting last summer because it meant I would have more time for leisure reading.  As a late adopter of the e-reader craze and being the incredibly cheap person I am, I did a lot of research last fall to decide exactly which e-reader would be the perfect fit for me. 

I narrowed the field down to the Kindle, the Nook, and the pocket edition of the Sony reader.  After many hours of research and too many trips to Barnes & Noble, Target, and Best Buy, I jumped in and purchased the Nook.  The ability to check out library books put the Nook above the Kindle in my book (no pun intended), and the size of the screen was the determining factor that took the Sony reader out of play. I’ve been really happy with my purchase and my Nook is now a required item on any packing list. 

 

Barnes and Noble NOOK eBook Reader (WiFi only) [ Black & White ]

The Seattle Public Library has an awesome inventory of digital books and so far I haven’t had to actually purchase any books to read, another major plus for my thrifty lifestyle!  They do have limited licenses on books, so I’ve had to put holds on some of the newer releases, but there is always something good to read and the holds don’t take too long.

 

Since I’m always looking for good reading list I figured I should probably start sharing some of the books I’ve been reading too; so be on the lookout of some of these books over my next few posts!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay – I just went out to Barnes & Noble to link to my Nook only to find out they have a NEW Nook – a few inches shorter than mine – but the same display size, full touch screen, better battery life than the Kindle and all sorts of other fun features.  SO COOL! 

No comments: