Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crafty January

Between the house remodel and a super busy work schedule, I haven’t been very crafty over the past few years.  After finishing my Christmas craft, I decided that this year I’ll complete at least one crafty project a month.  To start January off right, I decided to finish up a baby quilt I had started a few years ago, and luckily got it finished just in time to give to a co-worked the week before she had her first baby.  I figured I probably shouldn’t start on 12 new projects without finishing the ones I had in limbo!

To make this quilt, I bought a set of flannel receiving blankets from Target or Fred Meyer (like I said, it was a few years ago that I started this!).  I then just found a pattern that seemed like it would be fun to make and cut up the receiving blankets into the right right sizes. 

For the backing I found some flannel at JoAnn’s that matched the rest of blanket and cut it down to size. I used the same fabric for the binding as I used on the back. This is only the second quilt I’ve finished (besides a bunch of little patchwork quilts as a kid Smile), and I’ve used this tutorial from Heather Bailey for the binding of both of them. 

Here’s the top:

SONY DSC

And a close-up of one of the blocks:

SONY DSC

All finished!

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC

One project down, 11 to go!

No comments: