Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Fun Christmas Craft

During November I stumbled across a tutorial for an adorable little Christmas ornament of a Matryoshko Doll.  I decided right then that I just HAD TO make some as gifts for family and friends.

Here is the Matryoshka Doll Ornament from the tutorial.

Pinned Image

I’ll be the first to admit that my embroidery skills are seriously lacking, but Danielle’s instructions were SO easy to follow.  I made a few tiny modifications…I didn’t do quite as much embroidering, I used some different stitches, and I just put all my pieces on my top background instead of embroidering onto the white pieces and then onto the back…but I think they turned out so cute!!  (oh yeah – and I picked out a bunch of different colors too!)

SONY DSCSONY DSC

I cut out the pattern (I think I printed out the pattern at about 25%), and traced it onto a manila folder.  I then cut that out and used it as a guide for all the dolls I made.

SONY DSC

Now I just need to make one more to keep for myself!

 

A HUGE thank you to Danielle of MySparkle for putting together this awesome tutorial.  Everyone I gifted these to just loved them!

No comments: